It is the responsibility of Horizon Talent Agency to represent the best interests of every client in every aspect of a performance by using our resources, experience and knowledge to:
- determine the goals of the purchaser’s proposed performance.
- become familiar the purchaser’s venue and factors that would affect negotiations with the artist.
- research and suggest available entertainment options including pricing, rider requirements, and information that would be valuable in choosing an artist for the event.
- discuss entertainment options to determine the best choice and receive permission to present a written offer based on terms discussed.
- negotiate fair and reasonable pricing and terms with the artist’s representative.
- present a purchaser approved written offer to the artist representative.
- edit the artist contract to insure it is in agreement with the terms of the written offer.
- present the artist contract for approval and signature of the Purchaser.
- forward the Purchaser signed contract for artist’s signature.
- resolve any artist changes to the fully executed contract before sending to the Purchaser.
- coordinate entertainment publicity needs for the client.
- coordinate and facilitate rider requirements.
- secure production and backline needs at best pricing possible, when necessary.
- track contracts and deposit payments for timely execution.
- provide on-site HTA staff when necessary.
- advance date with artist and resolve any conflicts.
The procedures appear relatively simple. The challenge is in knowing what is fair and reasonable and being able to obtain those results. Both the purchaser and the artist have a substantial investment in every performance but artists are backed by teams of attorneys and staff who spend every day representing the artist. The purchaser can balance the artist’s advantage in negotiations by working with an equally experienced talent buyer, someone who has daily contact with the trends of the market and experience in using this knowledge to his client’s advantage.